Oxalis (Mix Colors) - Bulbs (set of 10)
This pretty Oxalis (Wood Sorrel) is very beautiful for filling pockets in the rock garden.
Tuberous wood sorrels provide food for certain small herbivores. The genus is incredibly diverse and collectible. These funny looking bulbs will produce foliage and flowers in just 8-10 weeks. Some varieties have double flowers.Leaves are in a range of shades and delicate flowers bloom off and on during fall, winter and spring. Leaves of few varieties are clover shaped and some think the plant brings good luck. These leaves fold up at night and open when light returns.
|Height||Expect a max height of 25 cm / 10 inches and it will spread to fill the size of the container you have put it in.|
|Flower Colour||Mix colors|
|Bloom Time||Fall plantings come into bloom in March, while spring plantings will flower in late summer.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- After blooming has finished for the season leave the foliage in place; do not cut it off
- The leaves will gather sunlight and strengthen the bulb for the future
- Late in the summer or in fall the leaves will yellow and die back as the plant slips into dormancy
- You can remove the foliage at this point
- Be very sure that the pests cannot reach other plants and clean the area of all fallen leaves thoroughly
- Wipe down all of the surfaces using a diluted 50/50 alcohol/water solution if possible
- Your Oxalis will rest for a while beginning the next growing cycle in early spring
- Oxalis may attract aphids, white flies or spider mites
- Because these plants have regular dormancy periods you can isolate your plant from any of your other plants and wait until the leaves fall to get rid of the pests
- Leaves are in a range of shades and delicate flowers bloom off and on during fall, winter and spring
Sunlight Full sun. It can tolerate partial shade for some time. Watering Moderate Soil Most potting mixes that drain well, which are also well aerated will do the trick. Temperature 13 to 24 degrees C Fertilizer A diluted liquid fertilizer is helpful to use during the growing period. Feed once every 1 or 2 weeks. No feeding is required during dormancy.