ABOUT BRINJAL CROP: A very popular vegetable crop growing worldwide. Its Botanical Name is Solanum melongena and belongs to the family Solanaceae. It is commonly called an Eggplant owing to its shape. Antioxidants included in eggplant, such as vitamins A and C, aid in preventing cell deterioration. Furthermore, polyphenols, which are naturally occurring plant molecules, are abundant in them. If you have diabetes, these substances may improve how well your cells process sugar.
HOW TO GROW BRINJAL FROM SEEDS:
- SEEDS: Prior to sowing the seeds, they can be soaked in water overnight. It ensures better germination. Seeds can be first grown in pro-trays(in a coco-peat medium) till they reach 10-15cms in height. Then, they can be transplanted directly into pots or soil. Seeds take 1-2 weeks to germinate. If seedlings are sown in the garden, a spacing of 30cms should be maintained between the two plants.
- SUNLIGHT: While in the seedling stage, they can be kept under the shade immediately after sowing for 1-2 days. Then they can be brought under direct sunlight. Brinjal grows best under tropical conditions with direct sun exposure for 6-7 hours a day.
- SOIL: A well-drained soil is needed. The plant prefers moist soil throughout its growing season. Large pots with drainage holes should be used.
- WATER: Watering is to be done regularly to maintain moist soil.
- FERTILIZER: Organic fertilizers like vermicompost or manures can be mixed with the soil for better results. A light water-soluble fertilizer can be applied during the plant’s growth stage. Vegetables need a balanced amount of NPK (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium). Fertilizers that contain all these three nutrients in the same proportions are available like ALL19/ALL 10 etc. Individual fertilizers can also be applied.
AVAILABLE IN: Pack of 200 seeds.
You can start up your journey of vegetable gardening right now with this combo. Hurry up and place your order soon!