ABOUT CARROT: Carrots (Botanical Name: Daucus carota) are a popular root vegetable rich in Vitamin A. It belongs to the family Apiaceae. Carrots are used in salads, soups, and a number of recipes. The edible portion grows beneath the soil. However, the stems are consumed as raw or cooked.
HOW TO GROW CARROTS FROM SEEDS:
- SEEDS: Prior to sowing the seeds, they can be soaked in water overnight. It ensures better germination. Seeds can be directly sown in the potting mixture. 8-inch pots can be preferred for sowing a single carrot plant. Seeds can be sown 25 cm apart in big containers.
- SUNLIGHT: Pots can be placed in a sunny spot. The plant demands 5-6 hours of sunlight.
- SOIL: A well-drained soil is needed. Soil mixed with vermicompost can be used in the potting mixture. Soil should be free from stones, and debris so that there is no barrier in the growth underneath.
- WATER: Watering is to be done when the topsoil becomes dry. The plant cannot tolerate waterlogged soils.
- FERTILIZER: Organic fertilizers like vermicompost or loose well decomposed manures can be mixed with the soil for better results.
AVAILABLE IN: Pack of 1000 seeds.
You can start up your journey of vegetable gardening right now. Hurry up and place your order soon!