Chilli seeds (desi)
ABOUT CHILLI: A very popular vegetable crop growing worldwide. Its Botanical Name is Capsicum annuum and belongs to the family Solanaceae. It is commonly called as Pepper. It is the common source to spice up recipes due to its variable range of pungency among different species of the genus.
HOW TO GROW CHILLI FROM SEEDS:
- SEEDS: Prior to sowing the seeds, they can be soaked in water overnight. It ensures better germination. Seeds can be first grown in pro-trays (in a coco-peat medium) till they reach 10-15cms in height. Then, they can be transplanted directly into pots or soil. Seeds take 1-2 weeks to germinate. If seedlings are sown in the garden, a spacing of 30cms should be maintained between the two plants.
- SUNLIGHT: While in the seedling stage, they can be kept under the shade immediately after sowing for 1-2 days. Then they can be brought under direct sunlight. Chilli grows best under tropical conditions with direct sun exposure for 6-7 hours a day.
- SOIL: A well-drained soil is needed. The plant prefers moist soil throughout its growing season. Large pots with drainage holes should be used.
- WATER: Watering is to be done regularly to maintain moist soil.
- FERTILIZER: Organic fertilizers like vermicompost or manures can be mixed with the soil for better results. A light water-soluble fertilizer can be applied during the plant’s growth stage. Vegetables need a balanced amount of NPK (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium). Fertilizers that contain all these three nutrients in the same proportions are available like ALL19/ALL 10 etc. Individual fertilizers can also be applied.
AVAILABLE IN: Pack of 50 seeds.
You can start up your journey of vegetable gardening right now. Hurry up and place your order soon!