Marigold Flower Seeds 8 Color Combo Pack
This combo pack contains marigold (50 in each) flowers seed of French and African varieties.
sr no. Item name color. quantity
1 French marigold Scarlett. 50
2 French marigold orange 50
3 French marigold gulzafri 50
4 French marigold yellow 50
5 African marigold Hawaii 50
6 African marigold white 50
7 African marigold yellow 50
8 African marigold orange 50
These marigold flowers bring a plethora of colors to your garden along with it they act as a natural repellent to insects and predators.
They are native to Mexico but have become popular and are now grown across the globe.
It is scientifically known as 'Tagetes erecta'
Sunlight: 5-6 hours of bright sunlight daily
Soil: well-drained fertile soil
Sowing time: Early in the spring season to mid-summer
Blooming time: around 8 weeks from planting
Planting & care
- Marigold flowers seed African varieties should be planted early in spring as they are very prone to frost.
- Sow the marigold flowers seed in warm soil.
- The germination happens quite quickly in the marigold flowers seed making them very easy to grow.
- Seeds should be sown 1 inch apart.
- After the sprouting in seeds, the French marigold flowers seed variety should be placed 8 - 10 inches apart whereas the
- African varieties should be placed at 10-12 inches apart.
- Seedlings can be transplanted when they attain a height of 2 inches.
- Pruning should be done on a periodic basis to promote new and bushy growth.
- It is best to water marigold at its base as the flowers become dense watering on the, can cause disease.
Uses & Significance
- Marigolds have been extensively used in adding colors to a garden due to the variety of colors it exists.
- If you sow marigold flowers seed in your kitchen garden they will act as a natural repellent to insects and pest.
- They are known to improve soil health.
- They attract beautiful butterflies and ladybugs.