Madhumalti Dwarf Rangoon Creeper Plant
Madhumalti Plant is a Special kind of flowering vines that change in colour with age. The beautiful flower of Rangoon Creeper plant has a divine fragrance, and its color varies from white to pink to red. This color changing the property of these flowers is considered as a strategy to attract different pollinators.
Rangoon creeper vine is a woody climbing liana with green to yellow-green lance shaped leaves. The stems have fine yellow hairs with occasional spines forming on the branches. Rangoon creeper blooms white at onset and gradually darkens to pink, then finally red as it reaches maturity. Flowering in the spring through summer, the 4 to 5 inch (10-12 cm.) star-shaped aromatic blossoms are clustered together. The fragrance of the blooms is most striking at night.
Care of Rangoon Creeper
- Scientific Name- Combretum indicum
- Common Name- Rangoon Creeper
- Plant Height- Approx- 1 feet
- Maturity Height- 10 to 12 meters
- Regular watering: As the plant grows in heat, it needs regular watering to bloom perfectly.
- Sunlight: Outdoor area is a very comfortable space for this plant where direct sunlight fall on plant and also, a partial shade. The Madhumalti flowers blooming is much more spectacular where there is more sun.
- Fertilizers: The plant does not require much use of fertilizers. Avoid putting fertilizers that are rich in nitrogen.
- Repotting: Repot the received plant in 9 to 10 inch pot with good soil media.