Urban Plants SKU: UP0002131
- Use a water-tight container without drainage holes. This will be your planting container.
- Fill the container with at least 4 inches of soil and enough water just to wet soil (no standing water).
- Gently place the tuber on the surface of the wet soil.
- Now cover the tuber with a small amount of soil, about 4 inches, with growth tips pointing upwards. The growth tips should remain slightly above the soil with the rest of the tuber buried.
- Cover the soil with a thin layer of sand or gravel.
Botanical name: Nelumbo Nucifera
Hindi: Kamal (कमल)
Tamil: Tamarai (தாமரை)
Telugu: Kamalam (కమలం)
Kannada: Kamala (ಕಮಲ)
Bengali: Padma (পদ্ম)
Marathi: Kamala (कमळ)
Malayalam: Tamara (താമര)