Buy Lettuce Lollo Rosso seed
BUY LETTUCE - LOLLO ROSSO SEED
ABOUT LETTUCE: Lettuces (Botanical Name: Lactuca sativa) are a popular annual leafy vegetable crop. It belongs to the family Asteraceae. Lollo Rosso is a variety of Red Leaf Lettuce. It is used in salads, soups, sandwiches, etc. Lettuces are a rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin K.
HOW TO GROW LETTUCE FROM SEEDS:
- SEEDS: Prior to sowing the seeds, they can be soaked in water overnight. It ensures better germination. Seeds can be directly sown in the potting mixture. 8-inch pots can be preferred for sowing a single lettuce plant. Seeds can be sown 25 cm apart in big containers.
- SUNLIGHT: Pots can be placed in a sunny spot. The ideal temperature for growing Lettuce is 10 – 20 degrees centigrade. In the case of hot days, however, they can be placed under some shade.
- SOIL: A well-drained soil is needed. Soil mixed with vermicompost can be used in the potting mixture. A layer of straw can be spread on the soil to avoid the leaves from getting covered by soil splash.
- WATER: Watering is to be done regularly to maintain moist soil.
- FERTILIZER: Organic fertilizers like vermicompost or manures can be mixed with the soil for better results. A light water-soluble fertilizer can be applied during the plant’s growth stage.
AVAILABLE IN: Pack of 100 seeds.
You can start up your journey of vegetable gardening right now. Hurry up and place your order soon!