Buy Lemon grass seed
Lemon grass seeds
Lemon grass is a strong citrus-lemon plant. It is frequently used as a spice in Asian cuisine and makes an excellent tea.
Lemongrass essential oil and lemongrass tea are both believed to be effective home remedies for many ailments.
Lemon grass can also be used in stuffings, stews, and soups. It has a mild flavor without the tart bite of the lemon fruit and a lovely lemony aroma.
Common Name - lemon grass, barbed wire grass, silky heads, citronella grass.
Height - Average of 2-3 feet, although it can grow up to 9 ft. in height in tropical regions.
Bloom Time - Year round
Difficulty Level - Easy
Planting and care
- Winter maintenance- If a cold front is anticipated, cover your in-ground lemongrass with blankets or move your pot indoors until the weather clears.
- Grow lemongrass in containers and keep the containers indoors throughout winter in frigid climates.
Lemon Grass care
- The best way to start lemongrass is through root cuttings from mature stalks.
- There should be sturdy (Hard) green stems.
- Set them in a bright window with the bottom inch submerged in a glass of water.
- Within two weeks, the roots should start to emerge.
- When the roots are 1, 2 inches long, often after 4 weeks, plant in soil.
Sunlight - To grow, lemongrass needs warm temperatures and direct sunlight. Lemongrass won't thrive in your yard if it doesn't get six to eight hours of direct sunlight each day.
Watering - Drink plenty of water. Because it is used to continual wetness, lemongrass plants are very difficult to overwater, yet they cannot tolerate dried-out roots.
It's not necessary to keep the dirt muddy, but it should be kept moist. Mist continuously with a spray bottle on dry areas.
Soil - Lemongrass should be planted in loose, rich, well-draining potting soil or loam (2 parts soil to 1 part compost).
Clay soils must not retain too much moisture in order for lemongrass to develop, as this might lead to rot and nutrient deficiencies.
Images are only for reference; the actual product may differ in shape and size.
The product is replaceable but non-returnable.