Leca balls /clay balls (1kg)
Light expanded clay aggregates are made by heating the clay. As the #clayballs heat up, they fill with bubbles and form into small marble sized balls.Irregular in size - these clay pebbles are the most favorable medium for drain systems.
- They are best at retaining moisture.
- They are great for water drainage
- These light weight and porous balls hold air in them and increases the aeration for the root system of the plant.
- Leca balls are reusable
- Since the Leca only wicks water up to the plant when it is needed and this means the time between the watering is extended.
How to use :
- Rinse the clay balls with water & repeat the process until the leftover water is clean.
- The clay balls are covered with dust and it can cause clogging hence it is advisable to clean it outside.
- Once cleaned, soak it for min 24 hrs. Wash again before use.
- Ph water level should be anywhere b/w 5.5 - 6 as it works well with most plants.
- If you are new to this growing medium, it's best to start with easy to propagate in water / with small plants.
- Ensure you change water once in every 2-3 days.
- You can use liquid fertilizer at a later stage.
*** Leca is just a collection of clay balls & doesn't contain any nutrients. It only takes care of watering your plant.
- Rinse, soak, or sterilize before reusing the pebbles.
- Never let your pebbles dry out.
- You can use pebbles in conjunction with soil but NOT as a substitute for soil outdoors.
- It’s a bit expensive to use on a large scale.
- Not suitable for cold outdoor climates
- Poor water holding capacity
- Can be problematic with pumps and plumbing.
- If you are new this growing medium, it's best to start with easy to propagate in water or with small plants.
Size of Leca balls : Small
Diameter : 1 - 2 cms
Size of Leca balls : Medium
Diameter : 2 - 4 cms