Insulin Plant (Set of 02)
- Common Name: Costus Igneus Nak, Fairy Costus, Spiral Flag, Insulin Plant.
- Botanical Name: Chamaecostus cuspidatus.
- Flower color: Orange.
- Bloom Time: Summer.
- Suitable Location: Outdoors.
- Container Type: Insulin Plant (Set of 2).
- Height: 150 mm.
What makes it special in the insulin plant
- One of the best herbal (antidiabetic) plants.
- Low-maintenance plant.
- A perfect plant for the outdoor garden.
At least five to six hours of morning sunlight a day are ideal.
The soil for growing an insulin plant should be well drained and rich in organic matter.
Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inches) in the pot feels dry to the touch.
Do not overwater the plant.
It can be widely planted as an attractive plant in gardens and grows wild in many areas of south India. It may be known that diabetic patients consume one leaf every day to keep their blood sugar low.
Cover the spiral flag with wood chips or other organic mulch to keep it warm in the winter. Keep an eye on fine details, such as making sure the mulch doesn't touch the stem of the plant. During winter, you should avoid over-watering the plant. A temperature between 35 and 45 degrees is ideal for the plant to bloom.
We provide the best online nursery plants.
Images are for reference; the original product may vary in shape and size.