Buy Hibiscus, gudhal flower plant
The Hibiscus flower plant is one of the most common flower plants seen and one of the easiest plants to grow. They add a scenic beauty wherever they are grown due to their existence in a variety of colors such as yellow, pink, red, orange, and white. The hibiscus flowers have found mentions in several cultures, which tell enough of their importance. Hibiscus has a variety of names in the different regions around the globe which include 'shoe flowers' 'rose mallow', 'China rose' since it's the national flower of China while scientifically it is known as 'Hibiscus rosa-sinesis'.
Sunlight: 5-6 hours of daily indirect bright sunlight.
Soil: Well-drained, fertile, and rich in organic matter.
Watering: Water thoroughly in summer and reduce in winter, watering should be done according to soil moisture.
Fertilizer: Fertilizer should be applied from August- December.
The maximum reachable height of the hibiscus flower plant is 4.7 meters whereas the blooming time is throughout the year.
Planting & care
- Growing hibiscus in a pot is easy, make sure the pot size matches the root ball size since hibiscus roots prefer very little space to expand.
- Soil should have excellent drainage properties.
- Avoid overwatering the hibiscus flower plant.
- Always repot when the plant outgrows in the current pot.
- Removing dead and decaying plant parts is essential for new and bushier growth.
Uses & significance
Hibiscus has been used widely -
Due to large and colorful flowers, they are used for decoration in the home and garden.
- Hibiscus has been historically used to treat heart and nerve diseases.
- It boosts the immune system due to the presence of natural oil in it.
- The leaves of the hibiscus flower are used to strengthen hair roots and provide natural color.
Hibiscus flowers are used to cook tea it is known to significantly reduce the cholesterol level in the body.