Prayas Nursery SKU: PRN300
- Planting And Care: Also, avoid placing the plant in an area with direct sunlight before the plant establishes a mature root system. It is advisable to wear gloves when taking euphorbia cuttings because the latex can cause skin irritation.
Prune off growing tips to control plants height. Plants that dont bloom arent getting enough light. Move Crown of Thorns to a sunny window where it gets about 4 hours of direct sun every day.
- Sunlight: Bright light to full sun.
- Watering: Allow the top 1 in (2.5 cm) of soil to dry out between
- waterings.: Water less in winter when the plant rests. Also, avoid getting water on the leaves and stems because they can rot if they get too wet.
- Soil: A fast-draining medium such as cactus potting mix works best.
Temperature: Grows best with average room temperatures 60 to 75F/16 to 24C; A cooler winter rest of 55F/13C will help promote flowers in spring and summer.
- Fertilizer: Feed every 2 weeks spring through fall with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half. In winter, feed monthly.
- Propagation: Take 3 in (7.5 cm) stem cuttings in spring or summer. Dip the cut ends in warm water for a few minutes to stop the flow of sap then allow to dry for 24 hours before inserting into barely moist potting mix. Cuttings will root in about 6 weeks