Calla Lily Mix Flower Bulbs set of 5
Calla lily bulb
For the greatest flowers, choose these simple-to-grow types. Where there is sufficient rainfall and temperature, it is an evergreen perennial herbaceous rhizomatous plant.
It has broad, 45 cm long, arrow-shaped bunches of dark green leaves on it.
Large inflorescences with a pure white spathe up to 25 cm and a yellow spadix are produced in the spring, summer, and fall. The spadix emits a light, sweet scent
Common Name - Calla lily and Arum lily
Height - Up to 3 feet
Flower Color - Mix colour
Bloom Time - Spring(March to May), summer (June to September)and autumn(October to November)
Difficulty Level - Easy to grow
Planting and care
- In the fall, generally after the first frost, dig out the rhizomes and store them for the winter.
- Make a hole that is three times the bulb's height deep.
- Put the bulb in the hole with the pointy end facing up. Next, cover it with soil and firmly press it down.
- Aim to space bulbs 8 to 10 inches apart.
- After planting, properly rinse off.
- Utilize the potting soil for the bulb planting as Garden soil plus compost plus perlite plus sand in a 2:1:1:1 ratio (2:1:2)
- Make sure they receive enough fertiliser and water, and spray the plant occasionally to maintain the surrounding humidity.
Sunlight - Dappled sunlight or even light shade
Watering - Ample water during the growing season
Soil - Well-drained
Temperature - 50 to 80 degrees F
Fertilizer - Fertilize during the growing season with liquid fertilizer.
Calla Lily care
- Streams, ponds, and the banks are where it prefers to live.
- When the soil is visibly dry, water a plant.
- When it's hot out, water your plants
- liberally; when it's cold and wet, water less.
- In the morning, ideally between 8 and 10am, try to water the plants.
- Be careful around soggy ground.
- Wintertime irrigation should be reduced.
- Dead, diseased, or damaged plant
portions should be removed and disposed of in the rubbish can.
- When planting and during the growing season, fertilise your plants.
- Cover the potting mix with an organic mulch.
Calla Lily uses
- A number of cultivars have been selected as ornamental plants.
- The blooms sculptural qualities belie the ease with which you can grow your own florist quality cut.