Buy Marigold Jafri Seeds Pack (60 Seeds)
MARIGOLD JAFRI MULTI MIX FLOWER SEED
ABOUT MARIGOLDS: Marigolds (Botanical Name: Tagetes sp.) are annual herbaceous plants from the family Asteraceae. It produces dark green leaves with a wide range of coloured blossoms like yellow, orange, white, golden, and a mix of more than two colours . Jafri marigolds are available in different shades of yellow colour. Depending on the species, the height of the plant varied between 0.1meters to 0.9meters.
CARE TIPS FOR MARIGOLDS:
Marigolds are easy to grow with very low input requirements. They are a common plant seen in every Indian household during the winter months.
- SEEDS: Prior to sowing the seeds, they can be soaked in water overnight. It ensures better germination. Seeds can be first grown in pro-trays till they reach 2-3 inches in height. Then, they can be transplanted directly into pots or soil. Seeds take 2-3 weeks to germinate.
- SUNLIGHT: While in the seedling stage, they can be kept under the shade immediately after sowing for 1-2 days. Then they can be brought under direct sunlight. During the later stages, the plant requires direct sunlight for 5-6 hours a day.
- SOIL: A well-drained soil is needed. The plant cannot tolerate water logging.
- WATER: Watering is to be done when the topsoil becomes dry. The plant can withstand the dryness of soil for a long time.
- FERTILIZER: Any liquid fertilizer can be used once the first bloom has occurred.
- The bright flowers are used for dye extraction and as colouring agents in food industries.
- Marigolds are used in essential oil extraction.
- Leaves are crushed and used in cuts due to their medicinal properties.
- Flowers are used in making garlands.
- Used as loose flowers for religious purposes.
AVAILABLE IN: Pack of mixed colour seeds (60 nos.).
PLACE YOUR ORDER SOON!