Urban Plants SKU: UP00010114
Eggplant has antioxidants like vitamins A and C, which help protect your cells against damage. It's also high in natural plant chemicals called polyphenols, which may help cells do a better job of processing sugar if you have diabetes.
|Seeds quantity - 200 seeds|
1. Best Sowing Time:
Mansoon & Summer .
2. Soil Temprature:
Optimal soil temperature: 10-40°C. Seeds should germinate in 8-14 days.
3. Steps for Seed Sowing Method:
- Take a seedling tray with medium sized cells & drainage holes at the bottom..
- Fill the cells/cups with a moist coco-peat medium.
- Hold the Brinjal seeds in your left palm & sow 2-3 seeds per cell/cup. Since Brinjal seeds are small, avoid sowing them very deep..
- Place the seeds on the surface of the medium & push each seed a little inside the medium by using pencil tip, so that seeds are not visible on the surface anymore & cover it with more coco-peat.
- Or make small, shallow depressions on medium with pencil bottom. Put the seed in that depression & sprinkle more coco-peat on the top to cover the seed.
- Keep the seedling tray indoors till the seeds germinate.
- Covering: Keep the seed tray in a box or cover it with paper for first 4-5 days to encourage faster seed germination.
- Water the seed cells with a spoon in the first week. Provide two tablespoons of water every day.
- Or keep the seedling tray in another tray full of water for half an hour, so that seed cells will absorb the water from the bottom, via drainage holes.
- If the seed beds are made outdoors, protect them from heavy rain or direct sunlight. Use well sieved fine soil as a sowing medium & make a nice raised bed from it. Cover the bed by making a temporary roof of the plastic sheet. Water it in the form of a light shower by watering can.