Due to the red pigments in beetroot, you can benefit from its anti-cancer and heart-protective effects.
It is one of the top 10 vegetables planted in backyard gardens and is simple to grow. Beetroot is a simple plant to grow for those just starting out in vegetable gardening.
Seeds quantity- 100 seeds
Common Name - Beta vulgaris (Scientific Name)
Height - Up to 35 cm
Bloom Time - June to September
Difficulty Level - Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Thinning is required since each seed may produce more than one seedling.
- The close-knit surrounding roots of nearby seedlings may be disturbed if they are pulled out of the ground.
- Established plants should be separated by 3 to 4 inches.
- Mulch and good hydration
- Beets must keep a high level of wetness.
Beet Root Dark Red Care
- Beetroot is sown in the months of July and August.
- Use coco peat, vermicompost, and potting mix as the soil (1:1:1)
- Directly sow the seeds into the pot or field in ridges with a 10 cm spacing.
Sunlight - Full to partial sunlight
Temperature - 20 to 30 degrees C
Beet Root Dark Red Uses
- Popular vegetables include beetroot, which can be eaten boiled, pickled, or shredded raw for salads.
- When consumed alone or in combination with other juices, beetroot juice is promoted as a nutritious beverage.
Climate for Beetroot
Beetroot can be grown all around the year under cool circumstances for optimum cultivation. However, overexposure to cold temperatures can lead to further problems in cultivation such as slow growth.
Beetroot can be grown under hot weather as well, however, in doing so the plant loses its color and quality.
Loamy soil is good for all types of varieties.
the pH of the soil- is 6.3 to 7.5
Water requirement for growing Beetroot:
• That being said, avoid over-watering. This causes beetroot to produce more leaves and less root, risking them “bolting” (flowering and not producing a vegetable).
• Once sprouting, only water them every 10-14 days in dry spells.
Best Fertilizer for beetroot
Spray nitrogen-rich fertilizer like Trifecta+ to give it the extra boost of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, trace minerals, and micronutrients.
Without a good amount of nitrogen, the beets will only produce enough greenery to survive, sparing no energy for the production of the root.
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Joint disease in beetroot.
Fungi thrive in moist conditions, so be careful not to overwater. You should also rotate your crops.
Don't plant beets in the same place more than once every three to five years to prevent the recurrence of this disease.
Once you detect fusarium root rot or yellows, it's too late to stop it.
Images are only for reference; the actual product may differ in shape and size.
The product is replaceable but non-returnable.