Growing Conditions of Alphonso Mango Tree
The Alphonso mango is an India native known for its high quality and long storage life fruit. Similarly to Mango plant varieties, the Alphonso mango is an evergreen that keeps its rich-green foliage throughout the year. Alphonso Mango flowers pinkish-white blooms throughout the dormancy period and into early spring. The Alphonso mango plant bears its orange-red fruit toward the middle of the growing season and is easily grown from the seeds found in its fruit.
Growing Conditions of Alphonso plant
Common Name: Alphonso Mangoes Hindi name is Hafoos. And other names are Hapuz, Aapoos, Mango.
Maximum Reachable Height: It can Grow Up to 10 meter
Flower Colour: Alphonso Mangoes Tree flower Whitish green
Bloom Time: Alphonso Mangoes are Blooms between December to January.
Sunlight: Alphonso Mangoes Plant needs Sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for flowering and fruit development of mango plant.
Soil: The Suitable soil for Alphonso Mango Plant should be well drained, fertile and rich in oragnic content.
- Poke your finger / plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture content of soil.
- Apply 4 cups (approx 200 ml) of water when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the Alphonso Mango plant
- As a rule of thumb, water the Alphonso plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening time to Alphonso Mango Plant.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer to Alphonso Mango region loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer to Alphonso Mango Plant once a month during the main growing season between December to February
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer to Alphonso Mango seeds.
- When a plant outgrows in the current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the repotting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
Remove dead, infected or damaged Alphonso plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for the Alphonso Mango Plant for primary treatment.
Leave a comment