Waste Management Campaign in India
The basic challenges of Solid Waste Management are the inappropriate methods of waste collection, waste transportation, and waste disposal. According to the CPCB, lack of infrastructure, insufficient budget allotment to the municipal authorities, and improper waste collection or waste segregation systems are some of the major challenges for SWM. Additionally, most of the dumpsites are being operated without following any Solid Waste Management norms and end up receiving mixed waste that causes environmental and health-related hazards leading to open-fires. It has also been reported that even after notification of the revised solid waste management in India rules and initiatives by the government, most of the states have struggled in the proper implementation of the policies/strategies.
My Home my Neighbor campaign
- Waste Segregation at source
- Compost making from wet waste collection and Waste Management within the premises/ neighborhood/area.
- Dry waste recycling in India
- Freeing the neighborhood from defecation and urination at open places
- Motivating the residents of neighborhood against throwing waste in open spaces; and
- Adopting a nearby park or open place for waste collection and waste segregation and Waste Management.
An Efficient Compost Converter
My Home my Neighbor campaign is focused on reducing the waste generators and effectively working on cleaning activities. To make these campaign successful we have to take initiation in all sex component. Regarding compost generation we can Use Sadabahar composter vertical garden planter tower. The best feature of it is self fertilizing with inbuilt composter attached with planter that is available at Urban plants in India.