Solid Waste Management Rules 2016
- Vision for Municipal Solid Waste Management for India in line with Swachh Bharat Mission
- Mandatory provision for a State Strategy and Policy for MSW implementation in line with the Solid Waste management rules 2016 and the National Urban Sanitation Policy of Government of India.
- A framework for ULBs to prepare a Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan in 7 simple steps of waste management.
- An understanding of an "Integrated Solid Waste Management", as an approach of India.
- A wealth of practical experience gained from many ULBs as well as successful international examples of waste management.
- The need for state and regional strategies and handholding support to local authorities for MSWM with examples from India.
- Improved institutional approaches and planning tools to ensure implementation in urban areas with practical examples from states in India.
- Reflection of new technologies and approaches available in the Municipal Solid Waste Management sector in India.
- Emerging issues and themes such as climate change, relevance of the informal sector of MSWM as well as its links to gender equity and related issues.
- Maintain Compost bins at commercial and residential places For sustainable waste management.
More from: Waste management