Sorting items for recycling waste collection.
- Recycling waste collection at Sleep Green- Barcelona
- Recycling waste collection is the oldest, but also the most effective advice ever. Develop a process to sort all waste for collection. In such a way, you will simplify waste disposal management and reduce the costs of taxes.
- Integrate within rooms and shared spaces some recycling waste collection bins.
- We can involve your guests in giving some easy information.
Creative reusing materials Change your way of recycling
Have you ever heard about up-cycling? It is a creative way of reusing objects, changing them into something more useful. To sum up, up-cycling is called art of reuse. Less costs are needed. There are some original hotel waste management ideas you can introduce in your hotel:
- Old furniture can be modified like creative, ideal for something you have never seen before.
- Do not throw pallets, crates, and car wheels away. They can decorate your hotel’s garden.
- Glass and jars and bottles come alive in a new shape.
- Finally, there are a lot of things that can be upcycled, you just have to imagine it.
Say Hi to composting
As we said before, most of the rubbish in a hotel comes from catering and the kitchen. On average, 35% of city waste is from kitchens and garden waste . Buying a composter, you can not only reduce food waste, but also produce a great fertilizer independently. Furthermore, compost reduces the formation of biogas and landfill leachate in the environment. For a sustainable hotel waste management composting process use Sadabahar composter vertical garden planter tower will help the best feature of it is self fertilizing with inbuilt composter attached with planter that is available at Urban plants.
Keep more sustainable kitchen
Catering and restaurants are strong points of facilities and food. However, trying to make your service more sustainable was not so difficult.
For your restaurant’s menu use organic and local product,offer traditional dishes with seasonal vegetables and fruits, organize vegetarian and vegan menus, install a water purifier and put a glass bottle on each table, buy drinks in glass water only, and be sure the seller accepts them back, avoid all plastic elements that are not recyclable such as: plastic straws, single serve glasses and so on.
Low consumption light bulbs and fans are one of the best ways to save energy, as well as led lamps. Asking for the help of your guests is a good practice too. So, do not be afraid to ask to turn the air conditioning off when they are not in rooms.