Buy Caladium Mix Bulbs
Caladium mix bulb
Common Names - Angel Wings, Heart of Jesus and elephant ear
Maximum Height - 15-35 inches.
Difficulty Level - Medium
Sunlight - Need bright light but not direct sunlight.
Watering - When leaves appear, keep evenly moist. Never allow to dry out and keep humidity as high as practical.
Soil - Moist, rich soil.
Temperature - 70 to 85 degrees C
Fertilizer. - Feed weekly with a diluted water-soluble fertilizer to assure continued growth of new leaves.
How to grow
Plant the caladium tubers 6 cm deep in the soil, and give it plenty of water. In a pot with a minimum diameter of 8 inches, caladiums thrive. It must have plenty of drainage holes, be watered frequently, and be kept on the dry side. They will tolerate little shade, but they prefer a sunny location.
- They should be removed before the first frost in temperate regions.
- When the temperature drops to 65 degrees F (18 degrees C), the corms are dried and stored for the winter. They are kept moderately dry (not bone-dry) throughout the cold season between 56 degrees F (13 degrees C) and 61 degrees F. (16 degrees C)
- Caladiums should be planted 4 to 6 inches deep and spaced that distance apart.
- Water the caladiums just enough to keep the soil moist, but never so much that it becomes soaked.
- It is excellent for providing foliage color spring, summer.
- This plant is primarily grown for its attractive foliage and is suitable for borders, containers and as a specimen.